Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Full-time Grad Students: Keep Your Student Loans Interest Free

Do you owe student loans from previous years of study?

Ensure that your lender(s) are aware of your continued registration so that you will not have to begin repaying your loans.

Students with previous OSAP loans need to complete a Continuation of Interest-Free Status. These forms can be validated to confirm your full-time registration in a 60% course load at SGS Student Services, 63 St. George Street.

Please remember that to avoid being charged interest, you need to complete these forms promptly each time you register. The government will not recognize the forms after your study period has ended.

You can check with your lender(s) to ensure they have up-to-date information on your current registration:

National Student Loans Service Centre: 1-888-815-4514 or
CIBC: 1-800-563-2422
Royal: 1-800-363-3822
Scotiabank: 1-888-284-3044

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the CIV-MIN Blog

This is where we compile all the announcements, postings and non-urgent alerts that used to clog up your email inbox. Feel free to scroll through the latest postings organized by date below, or check our categorized listings on the right for the information you want.