PDAD&C #14, 2013-14
To: Faculty, Staff and Students, Faculty of Medicine
From: Cheryl Regehr, Vice-President and Provost
Re: Nominations for the Advisory Search Committee for Dean of the Faculty of Medicine
CC: President David Naylor
On December 31, 2014, Professor Catharine Whiteside will complete her second term as Dean of the Faculty of Medicine and Vice-Provost, Relations with Health Care Institutions.
In accordance with Section 60 of the Policy on Appointment of Academic Administrators, I am calling for nominations for the advisory committee that will advise the President on the appointment of a new Dean. The Policy mandates the potential composition of the advisory committee as follows:
* The Vice-President and Provost (Chair);
* Three to five members of the teaching staff of the Faculty;
* One to three students of the Faculty;
* The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies or representative;
* A librarian, where appropriate;
* Two or three other qualified scholars from within or outside this University, but outside the Faculty;
* In addition, the committee may include an alumnus/a, a member of the administrative staff, and a senior member of the appropriate professional community.
Nominations for the committee should be submitted by October 4, via the Vice-President and Provost's web site online form at http://www.provost.utoronto.ca/committees/advisory/Medicine.htm.
Questions should be directed to Assistant Provost Archana Sridhar at firstname.lastname@example.org.