Dear Deans, Vice-Deans, Research, Chairs, and Directors:
Please take note of a new initiative announced today by the University of Toronto, the São Paulo Research Foundation, and the University of Western Ontario. Kindly circulate it to members of your faculty or department and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
OPPORTUNITY FOR RESEARCH COLLABORATION AND EXCHANGE IN SÃO PAULO, BRAZIL
Vice President, Research, Paul Young is pleased to invite proposals for research projects between researchers at UofT, the University of Western Ontario, and higher education and research institutions in São Paulo.
Driven by an exciting new initiative aimed at collaboration and researcher exchange, the University of Toronto, University of Western Ontario, and the São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP) are investing $200,000 (CAD) in order to facilitate collaborative scientific research projects between investigators in Canada and Brazil.
This first call for Proposals is an excellent opportunity to foster new collaborative relationships or cultivate existing partnerships even further. The fund is intended to support travel by Canadian researchers to Brazil, and researchers in Brazil to Canada.
- Up to $20,000 is available over a maximum of 24 months for research and travel expenses (up to $10,000 per year.)
- Research proposals can be submitted from all fields of knowledge
- Proposals must be jointly submitted by both the Canadian and Brazilian partners to their respective institutions
- Canadians eligible to apply are researchers who are affiliated with the University of Toronto or the University of Western Ontario
- Brazilians eligible to apply are researchers who hold funding from the FAPESP under the Regular Research Awards, Thematic Projects, Young Investigators, or Research, Innovation and Dissemination Centres program
For more details on the specifics of applying, including deadlines, please refer to : http://www.research.utoronto.ca/for-researchers-administrators/funding-sources/funding-opps/?showopp=811
You can also read about the cooperation agreement signed by FAPESP, UofT, and UWO and the goals of the three partners at: http://www.news.utoronto.ca/campus-news/partnership-between-u-of-t-western-and-brazilian-science-funding-agency.html
Director, Agency & Foundation Funding
University of Toronto
3rd Floor, McMurrich Building
12 Queen's Park Cres. West
Toronto, ON M5S 1S8
P: (416) 978-7248
F: (416) 946-3707