The Teaching Assistants’ Training Program’s (TATP) Teaching Excellence Award was created in 2003 to recognize the outstanding contributions of teaching assistants at the University of Toronto. The award seeks to value the work of TAs who regularly inspire and challenge undergraduate students. Please forward this information on to colleagues in your department to share with their students.
2011 Teaching Assistants’ Training Program Teaching Excellence Award
Nominations open on Monday, January 31, 2011
Do you know a teaching assistant with:
• Excellent organizational skills (in relation to their ability to organize, structure and prepare tutorials, labs or classes)
• Comprehensive knowledge of their subject area
• Effective communication skills (including clarity of examples and explanations, effective communication of expectations, relation of current issues/research to student experiences and real-world applications)
• Enthusiasm for their subject area
• Ability to provide effective feedback to students
• Ability to encourage student participation
To nominate a TA and to learn more about the TATP Teaching Excellence award, please visit: http://www.teaching.utoronto.ca/gsta/assessment/ta-awards.htm
Online nomination forms for students and faculty will be available as of Monday, January 31, 2011 at http://www.teaching.utoronto.ca/gsta/assessment/ta-awards.htm.
Nominations close on Monday, March 14, 2011.
Winners will be announced Friday, April 29th, 2011 .
Please take a moment to nominate a teaching assistant who has made a difference.
If you have any questions about this award, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Centre for Teaching Support & Innovation (CTSI)
Robarts Library, 4th Floor
130 St. George Street
Toronto, ON M5S 3H1
tel: (416) 946-7249