From: Drew Gyorke
To: Drew Gyorke
Cc: Judith Chadwick
Subject: Research Services' Update: Fred Zhu on Parental Leave
Part(s): Download All Attachments (in .zip file)
Headers: Show All Headers
Alternative parts for this section:
unnamed [text/html] 13.74 KB
TO: Principals, Deans, Academic Directors and Chairs
(Humanities & Social Sciences)
FROM: Drew Gyorke, Director, Agency and Foundation Funding, Research Services
DATE: 18 December 2009
RE: Fred Zhu taking Parental Leave
I would like to let you know that Fred Zhu, the Research Funding Manager from my team with whom many of you have interacted with over the past year, will be taking Parental Leave effective January 4, 2010, and he will be returning on April 19, 2010. I am sorry that Fred will be away, however, all of us in Research Services wish him a wonderful time at home with his infant son over the next few months.
During Fred's absence, I have made the following arrangements for our continued service to our research constituency:
* I will be assuming the leadership of the Research Services' Service Plan for the SSHRC MCRI Letter of Intent. Those who are applying, or those who have questions, may contact me directly (firstname.lastname@example.org
* In addition, I will oversee the Social Sciences, Humanities and Natural Sciences and Engineering Team while Fred is away.
* We are currently making arrangements to have someone stand-in for Fred to specifically handle the strategic funding opportunities by either SSHRC or NSERC (other than the MCRI program.) This individual will also manage any agreement negotiation currently in progress, and respond to inquiries about funds Fred currently handles. I will confirm the name and contact details for this individual early on in the new year.
* Angie Agulto and Sarah Scott will continue to be your primary contacts for all Operating Grant programs from SSHRC and NSERC (e.g. Discovery Grants, NSERC USRA, Standard Research Grants, SSHRC Conference Grants, etc.)
* Christine Kwan will continue to provide support to the team, including her coordination and management of sub-grants.
Should you have any questions, please contact me (email@example.com)
We wish Fred all the best as he departs for his Parental Leave and we look forward to his return in April.
cc: Judith Chadwick, Assistant Vice-President, Research Services
Looking for information about applying for research funding as a UofT Investigator? Questions? Forms? Upcoming Deadlines? Check out our newly re-launched website at: www.research.utoronto.ca/for-researchers-administrators
Director, Agency & Foundation Funding,
University of Toronto
3rd Floor, McMurrich Building
12 Queen's Park Cres. West
Toronto, ON M5S 1S8
Tel: (416) 978-7248
Fax: (416) 946-3707