The 6th International Conference on Mine Closure will be held on September 18 - 21, 2011 in the Canadian Rocky Mountains at Lake Louise, Alberta. We invite you to submit an abstract as indicated below.
We look forward to hearing from you,
Conference Chair, Mine Closure 2011
Conference Manager, Mine Closure 2011
Call for Abstracts
The Steering Committee for Mine Closure 2011 invites you to present at an industry-leading, international conference on mining reclamation and remediation. The conference will be held in Lake Louise, Alberta from September 18 to 20, 2011.
ABOUT MINE CLOSURE 2011
Abstracts relating to one of the following themes are welcomed:
* Vegetation Establishment for Closure
* Long Term Surface and Ground Water Management
* Soils for Mine Closure
* Recent Mine Closure Case Studies
* Progressive Reclamation
* Community Engagement in Mine Closure
* Erosion Control
* Engineered Mine Waste Cover Systems
* Unique Challenges in Mine Closure
* Corporate Social Responsibility
* Mine Closure in Cold Regions
* Mine Closure Risks & Liability
* Mine Closure Disparities: Failures and Lessons Learned
* Mine Closure Wetlands & Pit Lakes
* Regulatory Issues In Mine Closure Planning and Transfer of Care & Custody
* Monitoring after Mine Closure
* Financing Closure
* Landform Design for Sustainable Closure
* Maintenance-free or Perpetual Maintenance
* Decommissioning of Tailings Dams
* Beneficial Re-use of Mine Sites
Abstracts must include the title, author(s), author affiliation, and a brief outline of the presentation (350 words or less) to be discussed.
For further details, please visit the conference website at www.mineclosure2011.com or contact Catherine Puchalski at +1 403-299-6442 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notification of acceptance will be given by February 15th, 2011.
Organized By Hosted By Marquis Sponsor Founding Organizations